Choosing the packaging for cosmetics
Before you even think of your cosmetics to launch, you need to consider all the most important features. Choosing the best packaging depends on what type the cosmetic is, what formula it has, and where or when it is supposed to use.
Namely, when you want to produce shower gel, it is a better way to use a bottle with a pump or a tube bottle. And if you are going to launch a face serum or mist, youd better use a spray bottle. Everything in the process of making cosmetics is worth attention.
What are the types of cosmetics packaging?
There are different types of bottles and closures. The most common, that are available in most stores, are:
- Classic cosmetics bottle - it is used mostly for toner, micellar water, and cleansing oils. Sometimes producers put shampoo into that bottle, but it isnt always comfortable for using.
- Bottle with atomiser - it is perfect for face mist, leave-in hair conditioner, and sometimes body lotion. It also works with light SPF formulas. It is also perfect for perfume, and body mist, of course.
- Roll-on packaging - the best for antiperspirant and some eye products. Roll-on can be made of plastic (the most common option) or metal (thanks to that it is cold, so may reduce dark circles under the eyes).
- Jar - the best way to store the face or body cream. Jars are comfortable and easy to use, so they are one of the most common packages
- Airless bottle - thanks to its shape and technology, it is the safest way to store many formulas of creams. Thanks to the technology used, such a bottle protects the cosmetic against the harmful effects of oxygen and thus allows it to retain its properties and freshness for longer.
Other types of cosmetic packaging
Of course, there are many more types of cosmetic packaging - they may be less common, but still necessary for producing some formulas. For example, tubes are the best way to store toothpaste, face peeling, or light creams. Bottles with triggers are perfect for hair products, such as leave-in conditioners or heat protection products. And last, but not least, there are classic bottles with caps, that works well while travelling.