AR capabilities make these experiences more customer-oriented and engaging which resonates with most brands to adopt web augmented reality solutions. For example, webcam face filters software.
However, it becomes challenging to choose a web AR solution that perfectly suits your business use case. In this post, we’ll guide you through the top 4 webcam face filters software comparing them by features and use cases to adopt the best software for your business.
No.1 Banuba — SDK with outstanding functionality
Banuba is a tool kit designed for app development or to be used on a website. It was presented to users in 2016. The software is compatible with HTML5, Android, iOS, Windows, Unity, and macOS platforms. To integrate it into a mobile or web application, you need to download the SDK and the token required for the system in advance.
The set offers more than 1,000 facial filters that you can use to change your look and enhance your appearance. For example, available options include virtual makeup fitting, avatars, etc. Augmented reality will enable you to attract new users and expand your business reach.
The software features include the following:
- the possibility to create custom filters or use predefined objects;
- the possibility of changing the voice, which enables you to choose a certain pitch, tonality, and timbre;
- activation of animated avatars, which are useful during video conferences, games, and chats. They will relax the environment, help to unwind, and set positive spirits.
Currently, the toolkit is used by many well-known and reputable brands, such as Yandex, Tango, SBER, Gucci, Smilegate, and PlayU. The software can be tested for free during a 14-day trial period that the developer offers. After the trial is completed, it is required to pay for one of the subscription options. The cost depends on the number of available features.
No.2 Logitech Capture — web AR for making special effects
Logitech Capture is an application released in 2020. It has been adapted for macOS and Windows platforms. Web AR is in demand because of its capabilities to create special effects when streaming and recording video files. The application is an extended version of Logitech Webcam Software and offers many more features, including the following:
- the possibility of recording video from multiple devices;
- adjusting the camera to create the perfect image;
- switching between the available scenes (maximum number is set to 6);
- support for vertical video with an aspect ratio of 9:16, which is important for posting on social networks;
- integration with YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and Twitch, thus expanding your presence on popular platforms;
- text overlay on the video. This is relevant when some of your audience is not able to watch videos with audio;
- use studio controls so you can apply borders, filters, and other tools.
The application provides the possibility of recording with a green screen as the background. This increases the quality of the video. However, the app does have one special feature to keep in mind: it's only compatible with Logitech webcams.
No.3 YouCam 9 Deluxe — face filters for webcam with advanced features
YouCam 9 Deluxe is an application that was released in 2014. It was developed exclusively for devices running on Windows. The software was released by CyberLink. The Taiwanese software provider has been producing high-quality applications to improve photos, video, and audio for many years.
You can use YouCam 9 Deluxe to create powerful content that impresses and captures your audience's attention. There are over 200 interactive tools available for this purpose. For example, face filters for webcams can enhance skin tone, apply makeup, and hide scars and acne. Animated emoticons are also very popular. You can use them to create a certain mood in your surroundings during a chat or video conference.
For convenience, the developers suggest using DirectorZone. The cloud base includes thousands of additional effects that can change your content and take it to the next level. The main software tools include:
- beauty filters powered by artificial Intelligence. You can use them to "try on" the makeup you like;
- skin smoothing, skin lightening, and adjusting the display features of the image. This option will help you to conceal all the imperfections and gain self-confidence;
- the ability to combine several frames and scenes. It enables you to shoot from different devices and display the footage on one screen.
Filters can be used not only for entertainment purposes. They are no less important for marketing and business promotion. For convenience, the software is integrated with video conferencing platforms (Skype, Google Hangouts).
The software will help you easily improve the quality of your video content, as well as your look and spirit. The software can be used free of charge for 30 days. At the end of the trial period, a subscription fee must be paid.
No.4 AlterCam — webcam face filters for active users
AlterCam features webcam face filters for creating quality videos. The application was released in 2014, and it is still actively used by bloggers and business owners. The interface of the application is somewhat outdated. However, this does not affect its functionality. The developers offer more than 50 filters, animations, and effects that can transform your video.
The impressive content editing package includes several standard effects. For instance, you can use blurring, mosaic, mirror, backing, and many other options. There is also a possibility of overlaying text on video, adding images or GIFs. An advantage for business owners is that they can attach their logos to the videos.
This software offers the possibility to broadcast content. It doesn't matter if you want to show the audience an already recorded video or create it in real-time. Use face filters for web broadcasting, and viewers will be satisfied.
The application can be distributed at no charge However, in this case, there is a developer logo featured on the content. If you want to remove it, you have to buy a subscription. The charge amount depends directly on the features offered.
Webcam Face Filters: Key Use Cases
The core use cases of adopting web AR software include:
- on e-sales platforms. For example, you can arrange a virtual fitting. For this purpose, it is enough to integrate the software with the online store;
- on educational channels. Augmented reality will engage students, drawing their attention to the subject;
- during the organization of video conferences. Communication during business meetings will be more interesting and memorable;
- when editing photos and videos. If you use the content for promotional purposes, it should be perfect. The same applies to photos and videos created to commemorate past events;
- in-game content. Gamers will be fully immersed in captivating stories with the help of augmented reality. Their interaction will be taken to a new level;
- when setting up photo booths. You can offer clients unique photos made with the use of filters.
Your task is to choose the best solution that meets your needs and expectations. For this purpose, we offer an overview of four programs that enjoy the greatest popularity among users.